- 2 tablespoons powdered instant coffee
- 1 cup egg whites, about
- 8 large eggs
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 1 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
717 calories; 50 grams fat; 30 grams saturated fat; 1 gram trans fat; 13 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 57 grams carbohydrates; 55 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 307 milligrams cholesterol; 129 milligrams sodium
- Dissolve the instant coffee in two tablespoons of boiling water. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, beat the egg whites and confectioners’ sugar just until the mixture is slightly warmed, creamy and smooth. The temperature should not exceed 90 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat.
- Continue beating until the mixture has cooled and is thick and white.
- Add the butter, a little at a time, and continue beating. The mixture will look as if it is about to separate. Continue beating until the butter is well incorporated and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Fold the coffee into the butter cream. Beat thoroughly. Cover and chill.