- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (96 servings)
54 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 65 milligrams sodium
- Sift together flour, sugar, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add rolled oats and mix well.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
- To make the cookies, place mix in bowl, and add 1 egg,1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix well. Drop from teaspoon onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Remove from sheet and store. Keeps eight months.