- 1 pound large or medium shrimp, unpeeled
- Coarse salt
- ½ to ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 green chilies, minced (less if very hot)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ small red onion, minced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Juice 1 to 2 limes
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
411 calories; 34 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 24 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 23 grams protein; 182 milligrams cholesterol; 517 milligrams sodium
- Preheat broiler. Soak the shrimp in heavily salted iced water for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly with olive oil.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make a sauce. Correct seasoning and set aside.
- Broil the shrimp (be careful not to overcook them). Serve immediately, passing the sauce separately.
- This is good with rice.