- 2 lemons, seeded and chopped, including the skins
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 pounds yellow tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 whole allspice
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
515 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 129 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 113 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 58 milligrams sodium
7 eight-ounce jars
- Combine the lemons and orange juice in a blender or food processor and process until the lemon is finely chopped. Transfer to a large, heavy saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook over medium-high heat until the lemon becomes transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to simmer over medium heat until they have thickened, about 30 minutes. Spoon into sterilized eight-ounce jelly jars and seal with paraffin or cover with canning lids and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, then allow to cool, check lids and store in a dark place.