- ⅓ cup blue cheese such as Roquefort, Saga or Danish blue
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- ¼ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons peanut, vegetable or corn oil
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 cups assorted salad greens such as watercress, red-leaf lettuce and Belgian endive
4 or more servings
- Crumble or chop the cheese in a mixing bowl. Add the mustard, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper, stirring vigorously with a wire whisk.
- Add the salad greens and toss to blend thoroughly.