- 1 pound rhubarb
- 3 cups water
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds fish steaks
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
698 calories; 43 grams fat; 16 grams saturated fat; 2 grams trans fat; 21 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 22 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 48 grams protein; 140 milligrams cholesterol; 976 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Clean rhubarb, strip off heavy filaments and cut into 1-inch sections. Bring the water to a simmer, add rhubarb and cook over low heat until tender.
- Simmer tomatoes with olive oil in frying pan until reduced to a thick sauce. Add red wine, stir in honey and a little additional olive oil. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste. Add tomato mixture to the rhubarb and water and mix well. Simmer over low heat until it thickens enough to evenly coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan, add fish steaks and lightly brown on both sides. Pour the sauce over them and simmer, tightly covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove steaks to a serving platter. Pour the sauce and then the juice of the lemons over them and cool. Peshe en saltsa is traditionally served cold.
1 hour 30 minutes