- 2 rainbow or brown trout
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter plus 6 ounces
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup pinon nuts (or use pine nuts)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
1931 calories; 143 grams fat; 62 grams saturated fat; 3 grams trans fat; 51 grams monounsaturated fat; 17 grams polyunsaturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 105 grams protein; 480 milligrams cholesterol; 266 milligrams sodium
- Gut and clean the trout and fill cavities with bay leaves and cilantro.
- Measure the thickness of the fish and cook 9 minutes to the inch.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Sprinkle shallots over bottom of pan. Top with fish and place lemon slices over top of each fish. Add wine and cover pan with tight-fitting lid; bring to simmer and cook gently.
- Keeping the lemon, remove the fish to a platter and keep warm. Remove cilantro and bay leaves. Over high heat reduce liquid in pan by half. Add back the cilantro and stir.
- Reduce heat and, bit by bit, beat in little pieces of 6 ounces of butter to make a beurre blanc-like sauce. Serve with the fish.
About 30 minutes