- 2 pounds small new potatoes, peeled
- ¼ pound sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
298 calories; 11 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 40 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 18 milligrams cholesterol; 202 milligrams sodium
- Steam potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are steaming fry the bacon until golden then remove it from the pan to drain. Chop the bacon.
- Add shallots to the bacon fat and saute until they just begin to brown. Off heat stir in the vinegar.
- When the potatoes are tender, remove them to a serving dish and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss lightly with the bacon fat mixture, dust with the chopped bacon and parsley and serve.