- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 ½ pound ground chuck steak
- Salt, if desired
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds lean chuck, cut into one-inch cubes
- 4 cups finely chopped red onions
- 6 cups finely chopped green peppers
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 7 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- ¼ cup (one 2-ounce bottle) Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed, hot, dried red-pepper flakes
- ¾ cup honey
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
1519 calories; 72 grams fat; 28 grams saturated fat; 2 grams trans fat; 33 grams monounsaturated fat; 6 grams polyunsaturated fat; 95 grams carbohydrates; 18 grams dietary fiber; 74 grams sugars; 133 grams protein; 411 milligrams cholesterol; 2307 milligrams sodium
Four to six servings
- Put the ground pork and steak in a kettle and cook, stirring, until meat loses its raw look. Add salt and pepper and cubed beef. Cook, stirring, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and stir. Cook 25 minutes. Add the green peppers and chili powder and stir. Cook, stirring, 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir. Cook, stirring, 20 minutes.
- Add the Tabasco sauce and crushed red-pepper flakes. Bring to the Boil and cover. Cook 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring often from the bottom, 45 minutes. Add the honey and continue cooking 15 minutes.
2 hours 40 minutes