- ¼ pound chicken livers
- ¼ cup peanut, vegetable or corn oil
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ pound thin noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 hard-cooked egg, put through a sieve
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
372 calories; 15 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 42 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 16 grams protein; 207 milligrams cholesterol; 53 milligrams sodium
- Pick over the chicken livers and cut away any tough connecting membranes. Cut each chicken liver into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet and add the livers. Cook, shaking and stirring the skillet, about one minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain well.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions or to taste. Drain well.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the livers. Cook, shaking the skillet and stirring, until heated through. Add the noodles and stir. Add the egg, salt and pepper. Stir to blend well. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.