- ¼ pound mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, preferably Italian flat leaf
- 4 shallots, peeled
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ pound ground veal
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 carrots (5 to 6 ounces), scraped and thinly sliced on the diagonal or julienned
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
357 calories; 15 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 30 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 14 grams sugars; 26 grams protein; 55 milligrams cholesterol; 1934 milligrams sodium
- Put mushrooms, parsley, shallots and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Process, by pulsing on and off, until finely chopped.
- Scrape chopped vegetables into a mixing bowl. Add ground veal, salt, paprika and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Divide mixture in half and shape into two doughnuts. Place each in the center of a dinner plate. Arrange carrots around veal. Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap. Using a rack, cook simultaneously for 5 minutes, switching plates from top to bottom after 2 minutes 30 seconds.
- Pierce plastic on each plate with the tip of a knife to release steam. Uncover and serve immediately.