- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 cups red, ripe tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 3 cups
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated or bottled horseradish
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
86 calories; 6 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 38 milligrams sodium
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the onion is wilted but not browned.
- Add the vinegar and stir. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer about 5 minutes. If freshly grated horseradish is used, add it. If bottled horseradish is used, press it in a fine sieve and discard the liquid. Add the horseradish to the sauce and stir.