- 4 slices white bread
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 pounds raw ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 rib celery, diced ( 3/4 cup)
- 1 onion chopped (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped ( 1/2 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
251 calories; 12 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 25 grams protein; 107 milligrams cholesterol; 167 milligrams sodium
- Put bread in a bowl with milk and, using hands, mix together. Add turkey. In a small pan, melt butter and add celery, onion and garlic, and saute until cooked but still crunchy. Cool briefly, then add to turkey. Add curry, coriander, nutmeg, egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put the mixture into a 6-cup loaf pan, packing it tightly with a spoon. Top with bay leaf and cover loosely with foil. Put pan into a larger pan half filled with water, place in oven and cook 1 hour. Let loaf rest about 15 minutes before slicing.