- 1 ½ pounds young, fresh zucchini
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed in their skins
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 ears sweet corn
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
249 calories; 15 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 27 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 31 milligrams sodium
- Slice the zucchini in pieces about an eighth of an inch thick. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the zucchini with the garlic and pepper over high heat, so that the zucchini browns but does not become mushy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, shave the kernels from the corn, using a sharp knife. Add the corn to the frying pan and cook for three minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the garlic from the pan and add the corn to the zucchini.
- Toss the vegetables together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the basil and toss. Serve hot or at room temperature.