- 4 slices maple white bread, each about 1 1/2 inches thick (recipe follows)
- 1 cup maple sugar (see note)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
634 calories; 39 grams fat; 24 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 67 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 54 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 137 milligrams cholesterol; 195 milligrams sodium
- Place a slice of bread on each of four plates and sprinkle heavily with maple sugar.
- Whip the cream until it begins to hold its shape but can still be poured. Fold in the sour cream. Top each serving with the cream.
- Maple sugar is sold in fancy food shops. Alternatively, you can grate molded maple sugar candies to make maple sugar.