There are no newfangled ingredients here – no lemongrass or curry or pesto – just eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, a dash of Tabasco and a festive sprinkle of paprika (if you’re feeling fancy, garnish with chives). They are basic, but spectacular, and always a welcome addition to the picnic table.
- 6large eggs
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- ¼teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 3tablespoons mayonnaise
- Paprika, for garnish
- Whole fresh chives, for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
61 calories; 5 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 0 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 94 milligrams cholesterol; 151 milligrams sodium
- Rinse eggs with warm water, and place in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water, place the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 10-12 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and peel. Cool in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for 15 minutes.
- Halve eggs lengthwise, and carefully scoop out yolks. Place yolks in a bowl, and mash with a fork. Add mustard, Tabasco, salt, pepper and snipped chives. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Fill each egg white with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the egg-yolk mixture and dust the top with paprika. Arrange in a spoke design on a platter; garnish with whole chives.