Crusty Broiled Cod with Littlenecks
- ½cup panko, lightly toasted
- ¼cup chopped parsley
- 3tablespoons minced garlic
- 1tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 45-ounce pieces cod fillet, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1lemon, quartered
- 2tablespoons medium or hot smoked paprika
- Cracked black pepper
- ½pound chouriço, diced medium
- 12littleneck clams, well washed
- ½cup dry white wine
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
325 calories; 14 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 33 grams protein; 78 milligrams cholesterol; 1015 milligrams sodium
- Heat broiler (to high if you have the option).
- Combine panko, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Rub cod and lemon quarters all over with remaining oil, sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper, then place in 9-by-12-inch shallow baking dish or disposable foil pan. Arrange chouriço and clams around cod and pour in wine. Place under broiler on top rack (about 3 to 4 inches from flame) and broil, turning dish back to front after about 5 minutes, until fish is almost opaque and littlenecks are open, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle panko mixture over the cod and return to broiler until crumbs are crispy golden brown, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Split cod, clams, chouriço, and lemon among 4 shallow bowls, pour pan juices around and serve.