Here, raw asparagus is simply dressed with lemon juice, olive oil and Parmesan shavings.
- 1 ½ to 2pounds asparagus, not too skinny (fat is fine)
- 2tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly shaved Parmesan to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
204 calories; 14 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 17 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 1171 milligrams sodium
- Cut off the woodsy bottoms of the asparagus spears; discard. Cut off the flower ends and set aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the dark green outer skin of each spear; you should get three or four ribbons from each one. Set aside. Cut the remaining stalks crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Combine ribbons, sliced rounds and tips in a large bowl. Drizzle asparagus with oil, then sprinkle with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then top with Parmesan.