- 3 pints Brussels sprouts
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
344 calories; 24 grams fat; 14 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 61 milligrams cholesterol; 73 milligrams sodium
- Trim off the ends of the sprouts and make a small gash in the bottom of each. Add to a saucepan with water to cover and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer to the desired degree of doneness, about 10 minutes (longer if necessary). Drain.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and cook until wilted. Add the sprouts, cumin, salt and pepper, and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes, shaking the pan on occasion.