- 2 ribs celery
- 2 small fresh red or green chilies, minced, including seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 2 scallions, white part only, minced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 whole chicken breasts, poached, cooled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (leaves and stems)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
155 calories; 10 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 12 grams protein; 37 milligrams cholesterol; 342 milligrams sodium
6 to 8 servings as part of Chinese meal
- Cut the celery thinly on the diagonal; stack and cut into matchstick shreds. In enough water to cover the celery, parboil it for 10 seconds; drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Drain again and set aside.
- Mix the chilies, ginger, garlic and scallions with soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and white pepper in a bowl, and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toss with the chicken, sesame oil, celery and coriander. Allow to sit 5 minutes; toss again and serve.