- 2 striped bass, about 1 1/2 pounds each, cleaned weight
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste, if desired
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 6 thin, seeded lemon slices
- 6 round slices of cherry tomatoes
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
465 calories; 31 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 41 grams protein; 201 milligrams cholesterol; 358 milligrams sodium
- Cut off the heads of the fish and neatly trim the end of each tail.
- Select a heat-proof oval baking dish large enough to accommodate both fish. Do not add the fish. Select six pieces of bamboo (cut-off chopsticks may be used). Arrange them crosswise, evenly spaced, over the bottom of the baking dish to support the fish and prevent them from laying directly on the bottom of the dish.
- Add the oil, water, ginger, turmeric, cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt. Bring to the boil on top of the stove.
- Arrange the fish in the dish. Baste the fish for about three minutes with the simmering sauce.
- Cover closely with foil and continue cooking 20 minutes. Uncover and add the butter and lemon juice. Continue cooking 10 minutes and sprinkle the parsley on top of each fish. Arrange the lemon and tomato slices on the fish and baste with the sauce. Serve.