For the muffins:
- 2 ½cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½teaspoons baking powder
- ½teaspoon baking soda
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾cup granulated sugar
- ½cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and cooled slightly
- ½cup whole milk
- ½cup sour cream
- 2large eggs
- 2tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest (from 2 large lemons)
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4teaspoons poppy seeds
For the glaze:
- 1cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
293 calories; 11 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 23 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 57 milligrams cholesterol; 200 milligrams sodium
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, milk, sour cream, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and poppy seeds until well combined.
- With a large rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not overmix. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cups and bake until puffed and set, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer the muffins, in the tin, to a rack to cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins and let cool completely on the rack before glazing. (Alternatively, if you’d like, glaze the muffins while they are still warm. The glaze will run more, giving you an all-over glazed look.)
- Prepare the glaze: Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Add a little more lemon juice if necessary to make a thin but pourable glaze. Drizzle some of the glaze over each muffin. Let stand at room temperature until the glaze is set.