- ¼cup crème fraîche
- ⅓cup fromage blanc
- ⅛teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅞cup/110 grams all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 ½teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½teaspoons olive oil
- 1large egg yolk
- 2strips/100 grams thick-cut smoked bacon, finely diced (about 2/3 cup)
- ⅓cup finely chopped white onion
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
130 calories; 7 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 4 grams protein; 34 milligrams cholesterol; 140 milligrams sodium
- If you have a pizza stone, place it on the middle rack of your oven, top with a baking sheet, and heat the oven to 425 degrees. (If you don’t have a stone, just place the baking sheet on the oven rack).
- In a medium bowl, combine crème fraîche, fromage blanc, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Set aside while you make the dough.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. In a small bowl, whisk to combine olive oil, egg yolk and 1/4 cup water. Add to dry ingredients and use a fork to combine until it creates a shaggy dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 1 minute, until the dough is uniform and elastic. (Flour your hands as necessary to keep the dough from sticking.) Roll out to a 12-inch round, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet without a rim (or use an overturned rimmed baking pan).
- Spread fromage blanc mixture evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the edges. Sprinkle bacon and onions over fromage blanc. Slide tart, still on parchment paper, off baking sheet and directly onto baking sheet in oven.
- Bake until top is beginning to brown, and sides are golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and slide off parchment paper to serving platter. Serve warm.