Zucchini Pasta. Freshly grated Parmesan or freshly chopped parsley for garnish.
- Salt and pepper
- ¼cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 or 6medium zucchini, rinsed, trimmed and cut into ribbons or coins
- 1large onion, chopped
- 2 or 3sprigs thyme
- 2tomatoes, in wedges or roughly chopped, with their juice
- ½pound cut pasta, like ziti or penne
- Freshly grated Parmesan or freshly chopped parsley for garnish.i
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
402 calories; 15 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 57 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 969 milligrams sodium
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, onion and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper and adjust heat so onion and zucchini release their liquid without browning. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until very tender.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid to zucchini and raise heat a bit so mixture bubbles. Cook pasta until it is nearly but not quite tender. If sauce threatens to dry out, add a little pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta and finish cooking it in sauce. Serve, garnished with parsley or Parmesan.