An evolution of soda water with bitters, think of this as a virgin gin and tonic. Vegetal cucumber and herby mint replace the botanicals in the gin. If tonic water is too bitter for you, swap in soda water instead.
- ½cucumber, preferably hothouse
- 4thin slices of lime
- 2sprigs mint
- Tonic or soda water, to taste
- Peychaud’s bitters, to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber lengthwise until you have long, wide ribbons.
- Place a few slices of lime and mint leaves in the bottom of a Collins glass, or other tall glass, and, using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle them to release the juices in the lime and oils in the mint. Add a few strips of cucumber and fill the glass with ice (crushed, if you’ve got it).
- Top with tonic water and a few dashes of bitters.