Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 ½cups/192 grams all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½teaspoons baking powder
- ¾teaspoon baking soda
- ¾teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 ½cups buttermilk
- ¾cup pumpkin purée
- 3tablespoons melted butter, plus more for greasing the skillet
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices together until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk, pumpkin purée, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold with a rubber spatula until just combined. (A few small lumps are O.K.)
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop the pancakes into the pan by the 1/4 cup, making sure to leave plenty of room in between for the batter to expand.
- Cook for a minute or two, until the batter bubbles at the edges and browns on the bottom, then carefully flip. Cook another minute or two, until the batter is completely cooked through and the pancakes are puffy and deep golden brown. Repeat until all of the batter is used. Serve the pancakes as you make them or keep the pancakes warm as you cook them by setting them on a baking sheet in a 250-degree oven.