Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Hot Honey Browned Butter
- 4small to medium sweet potatoes (about 1½ pounds), scrubbed
- 6tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Poke sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place them all directly on the oven rack. Roast until they are very tender, with bits of sweet potato sugar caramelizing in the spots they’ve been poked, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat, swirling the pot just until the butter starts to bubble and brown, about 5 minutes. Add the honey, vinegar and red pepper flakes, swirling to combine (it will bubble up quite a bit), and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are out of the oven, slit them down the middle. Warm the browned butter mixture, and pour over the sweet potatoes. (Alternatively, scoop the flesh out of the skins and transfer to a bowl or serving dish, then drizzle with the browned butter sauce.) Generously sprinkle with flaky sea salt.