Migas Breakfast Tacos
- 6 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken if very large
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced, seeded poblano pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated (3/4 cup)
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Salsa, for serving
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
318 calories; 19 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 22 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 13 grams protein; 200 milligrams cholesterol; 374 milligrams sodium
- Beat the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Put 3 tortillas in it and turn them until warm and pliable, 1 to 2 minutes. Stack on foil and wrap. Repeat with the remaining 3 tortillas, adding them to the same stack and wrapping to keep warm and soft.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the oil and swirl to coat, then add the chips. Cook, stirring, until sizzling and browned in spots, about 30 seconds. Add the onion, poblano and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the edges of the onion are just translucent but the vegetables are still crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the egg over the chips and vegetables. Let stand for 15 seconds until just starting to set, then stir rapidly to scramble until just set but still wet, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Sprinkle the cilantro on top.
- Remove from the heat and immediately divide among the warmed tortillas. Sprinkle with the cheese and top with the avocado and salsa. Serve immediately or wrap each taco in foil to eat out of hand.
- The assembled tacos wrapped in foil will stay reasonably warm for up to 30 minutes.