Roasted Duck-Fat Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby or small potatoes, halved if large
- ¼ cup duck fat, melted
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf, torn into pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
154 calories; 5 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 24 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 2 grams protein; 5 milligrams cholesterol; 337 milligrams sodium
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the potatoes, duck fat, salt and pepper. Lay thyme sprigs and bay leaves on top.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then toss the garlic into the potatoes and reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. Continue to roast until potatoes are fork-tender, another 15 to 25 minutes. Remove thyme and bay leaves and serve, or let cool for up to an hour then reheat, uncovered, at 350 degrees just before serving.