Ladle into cups or mugs. Garnish each with a reserved orange round.
- 2 large oranges
- 4 ¼ cups/1 liter red wine
- 1 ¼ cups/10 ounces brandy
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
245 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 18 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 13 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 8 milligrams sodium
- Using a peeler, remove the peel in strips from 1 orange then juice the orange. Slice the other orange into rounds and reserve for garnish.
- Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high, bring mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Simmer gently until flavors meld, about 30 minutes. Strain the mixture, discarding the solids.
- Ladle into cups or mugs. Garnish each with a reserved orange round.