- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ pound new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- ½ pound chanterelles, cleaned and halved lengthwise, or sliced domestic mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced scallion greens
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¾ cup small peas
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- 4 ounces Gruyere, grated
- ⅓ cup fresh chervil leaves
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
408 calories; 30 grams fat; 17 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 18 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 15 grams protein; 244 milligrams cholesterol; 845 milligrams sodium
6 to 8 servings
- Preheat broiler. Position rack 6 inches from heat source.
- In a 2-quart oval or 2 1/2-quart round souffle dish, melt butter at 100 percent power for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and mushrooms. Cook, uncovered, at 100 percent for 5 minutes. Add scallions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, bread crumbs and peas. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients including 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Pour over vegetables; stir. Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap. Cook at 100 percent for 5 minutes. Slash plastic with a sharp knife. Placing wooden spoon through slit, stir thoroughly. Patch split in plastic with small piece of plastic. Cook 5 minutes longer. Prick plastic to release steam. Uncover and cook 2 minutes.
- Brown under broiler. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.