- 3 pounds mixture of turnip and mustard greens
- 1 cup water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bouillon cube – beef, chicken or vegetable
- 5 or 6 tablespoons finely chopped onion for garnish
5 or 6 servings
- Thoroughly wash greens and cut up.
- Place in heavy pot with one cup water, oil and bouillon cube; cover tightly and cook 25 minutes.
- Serve with a little chopped onion on the side.
- You can fry bacon in the pot; remove all but 1 or 2 tablespoons of fat and cook greens in the same pot; or add one small whole hot pepper to the pot and remove before serving. You can use olive oil if you like.