Carrot Tart With Ricotta and Feta
- Flour, for rolling out dough
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound multicolored carrots, scrubbed and sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Chopped fresh parsley, chervil or chives, for garnish
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 10-by-14-inch rectangle. Using a paring knife, lightly score a border around the perimeter of the puff pastry about a 1/4-inch away from the edges. Place puff pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick the pastry inside the border using a fork to prevent puffing in the center. Bake on top rack until puff pastry is lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toss carrots with 1 tablespoon oil, season generously with salt and pepper and spread into a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast carrots on the bottom rack (underneath the puff pastry) until the edges are golden brown and carrots are still crisp-tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While puff pastry and carrots are in the oven, blend ricotta, feta and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the puff pastry up to the border and arrange the carrots in a single layer on top. Bake until the carrots are tender and the edges of the cheese mixture are golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs before serving.