- 16 ounces fresh berries (your favorite or a mixture)
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar, depending on sweetness of fruit
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unflavored yogurt
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
112 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 25 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 22 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 2 milligrams cholesterol; 10 milligrams sodium
- Partly freeze berries by placing in a single layer on a cookie sheet in freezer for about 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and place berries in food processor bowl with sugar and vanilla. Process this mixture until slushy.
- With machine running, pour in yogurt and process until smooth. Pour into wine glasses and serve immediately, or chill up to 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla bean shortbread (see recipe).