- 1 ¾ cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups yogurt
- 1 cup mascarpone (see note)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
267 calories; 15 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 29 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 50 milligrams cholesterol; 172 milligrams sodium
6 or more servings
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, and remove from the heat. Let stand until the mixture reaches room temperature, and then chill.
- Combine the yogurt, mascarpone and lemon juice in a bowl, and beat thoroughly. Add 1 1/3 cups of the chilled syrup, and beat to blend. Pour the mixture into the container of an ice cream freezer, and freeze according to the manufacturers’ instructions. Serve with sweetened fresh berries or fruit.
- Mascarpone is usually available in specialty-food shops.