Last Thanksgiving, Susy Davidson, food editor of Food & Wine magazine, prepared this wonderful celery-root puree in the microwave oven. This cooking method makes for a richer-tasting puree.
- 3 medium celery roots (each weighing about 1 pound), peeled and cubed into about 1/2-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
155 calories; 7 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 21 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 20 milligrams cholesterol; 230 milligrams sodium
Six to eight servings
- Place the celery root in a baking dish, dot with the butter and cover. Microwave at high – stirring once -until the celery root is soft and gives no resistance when pierced with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the celery root to the bowl of a food processor. Add the cream and process until smooth. Taste for seasoning. (This can be prepared ahead earlier in the day and reheated.)