- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound mixture of green and yellow beans, ends trimmed, and sliced at an angle into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ pounds spaghetti, fresh or dried
- 30 Calamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound feta cheese, cubed
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
694 calories; 31 grams fat; 14 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 12 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 83 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 20 grams protein; 64 milligrams cholesterol; 462 milligrams sodium
- In a small saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat, add the onion and cook slowly until it is translucent. Add the three cloves of minced garlic and continue cooking for one minute. Add the beans and cover the pan. Cook slowly for about 30 minutes, until the beans are soft. If the mixture dries, add a few tablespoons of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the spaghetti and boil for about two to three minutes if using fresh pasta or 10 to 12 minutes if using dried, until the spaghetti is al dente. (Depending on the brand of spaghetti, cooking times may vary.) Drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped olives with the finely chopped garlic. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, toss the diced tomatoes with the fresh lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter until it is nut-colored. Add the cooked pasta and toss. Add the feta cheese and stir until slightly softened, about five to seven minutes.
- Transfer a portion of the pasta onto each plate. In a straight line down the center of the plate, top the spaghetti with one mound of the bean mixture, one of the tomato-lemon mixture and a pile of the olive-garlic mixture. Serve immediately.