- 1 ½ pounds ground lean lamb
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed dried red hot pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Harissa sauce (see recipe)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
1142 calories; 120 grams fat; 60 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 50 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 130 milligrams cholesterol; 60 milligrams sodium
- Put the lamb in a mixing bowl and add all of the ingredients except the vegetable oil and harissa sauce. Blend the mixture thoroughly by hand.
- Shape the mixture into 8 equal-size patties similar to hamburgers.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold all of the patties. Two pans may be necessary.
- Add the patties to the skillet. Cook them over medium-high heat about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the degree of doneness desired. Drain on paper towels and serve with the harissa sauce on the side.