- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon gin or rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
377 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 84 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 66 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 7025 milligrams sodium
2 1/2 cups
- In a saucepan combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder and, if desired, liquor. Stir well and bring to boil.
- In a bowl, blend cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the boiling sauce and simmer for two minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- This can be used with chicken, beef or pork, which may be marinated in a refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.