- 1 three-pound chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves or use 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
499 calories; 34 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 14 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 42 grams protein; 170 milligrams cholesterol; 160 milligrams sodium
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces as follows: Separate main wing bones from the second wing bones; cut the breast halves from the carcass and cut them, with the skin, into two-inch cubes; cut each thigh in half across the bone to make four pieces; remove the legs, chop off and discard the leg end bones.
- Combine the coriander, lemon juice, peppercorns and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add the chicken pieces and blend well with the spice mixture. Let stand at least one hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a charcoal grill for barbecuing. Add the chicken pieces and cook, turning often, until done. The boneless pieces will cook in about 10 minutes or less. The pieces with bone in will cook in about 20 minutes or longer.