- ½ pound small new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup water
- 6 ounces baby carrots, about 10 very small ones, peeled and cut in half crosswise
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and sliced
- 10 ounces asparagus, ends snapped off, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces plum tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 ounces small zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 ounces small peas, fresh or frozen (defrosted in a sieve under warm running water)
- 2 ounces corn kernels, fresh or frozen (defrosted in a sieve under warm running water)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
198 calories; 9 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 25 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 22 milligrams cholesterol; 628 milligrams sodium
4 cups; 4 servings as a main course, 8 as a side dish
- Place potatoes and water in a 2 1/2-quart souffle dish or casserole with tight-fitting lid. Cook, covered, at 100 percent power in a 650- to 700-watt oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Stir in carrots and garlic. Re-cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Top with asparagus. Re-cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Add tomatoes in a single layer and place zucchini slices over tomatoes. Re-cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Top with peas, corn and butter. Re-cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Stir in remaining ingredients; serve.