- 1 pound Swiss chard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
145 calories; 12 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 4 grams protein; 4 milligrams cholesterol; 341 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Rinse the Swiss chard. Leave any water clinging to it. Chop it fine.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, saute for a minute or so, then add the Swiss chard. Cook, stirring, until the Swiss chard begins to wilt. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring, a few minutes longer. Stir in the scallions, season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.