- 2 quarts water
- 12 ounces salmon fillet, skinned
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic in oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped, pitted Italian, French or Greek olives packed in brine
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 ounces fresh linguine
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
671 calories; 31 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 12 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 50 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 43 grams protein; 93 milligrams cholesterol; 237 milligrams sodium
- Turn on broiler.
- Bring water to boil in covered pot for linguine.
- Cover broiler pan with aluminum foil. Broil fish two or three inches from heat, for 5 to 7 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Chop onion medium fine and saute in hot oil with garlic until onion is soft.
- Add the olives with oregano to onion mixture; cook and stir about 2 minutes.
- Cook fresh pasta one or two minutes. When salmon is cooked, cut into small pieces and add to onion mixture. Keep warm.
- Drain pasta and toss with salmon-onion mixture. Spinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
About 20 minutes