- 8 ounces dried cherries, preferably pitted (see note)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
430 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 102 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 83 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 24 milligrams sodium
- Place the cherries in a saucepan with the water, bring to a boil, cover and remove from heat. Set aside for one hour.
- Drain the cherries, reserving the liquid. Chop them fine and mix them with the onion and red pepper.
- Mix the vinegar and sugar with the reserved soaking liquid. Mix with the cherries, onion and red pepper and season with black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If pitted cherries are not available, dried cherries with pits can be pitted after they have been soaked and drained.