- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sliced, pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- Cooked white or yellow rice
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
554 calories; 33 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 13 grams monounsaturated fat; 10 grams polyunsaturated fat; 27 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 15 grams sugars; 38 grams protein; 117 milligrams cholesterol; 386 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Mix the turkey with the sherry and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add onion and green pepper and saute until lightly browned. Add the chili pepper and garlic. Saute a minute longer, then stir in the turkey.
- Saute the turkey, stirring for five minutes or so, until it has uniformly crumbled and has lost its color. Stir in the olives, capers, raisins, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time. Stir in the tomato paste and simmer for 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve with rice.