- 1 ½ cups flour
- ⅔ cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup canned, frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces by weight)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
208 calories; 9 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 25 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 6 grams protein; 52 milligrams cholesterol; 352 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter 12 large muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs lightly, then whisk in the milk and melted butter. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Stir gently, just until combined. Stir in the corn and cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees and bake 10 minutes longer, until the tops are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool the muffins in the pans on a rack for five minutes, then transfer to a basket and serve at once.