- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ pounds apples, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 servings)
334 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 82 grams carbohydrates; 12 grams dietary fiber; 36 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 127 milligrams sodium
- Cover the potatoes with water; cover the pot, and boil the potatoes until they are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the apples, ginger and 3 tablespoons of the orange juice in a skillet, and saute until the apples are tender.
- In a food processor or food mill, puree the apples with the potatoes, adding the remaining orange juice, the lemon juice and the cinnamon.