- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 ½ cups long-grain rice
- 2 ⅓ cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
225 calories; 3 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 41 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 5 grams protein; 2 milligrams cholesterol; 136 milligrams sodium
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the ginger and garlic, stir-fry until they sizzle, then add the five-spice powder. Stir in the rice until the grains are well coated with the oil and seasonings, then add the stock. Bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt.
- Cover tightly, reduce the heat to very low and cook for 17 minutes. All the liquids should be absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside, covered, for five minutes before serving.