- 2 pounds shrimp
- 6 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (green part removed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, chopped, including green part
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
273 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 45 grams protein; 365 milligrams cholesterol; 1625 milligrams sodium
- Peel and devein shrimp, sprinkle with salt. Rinse, drain and repeat two more times. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir-fry the garlic, ginger and scallions for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the shrimp. Stir-fry until it turns pink. Add the hot pepper flakes and the wine and cook, stirring, for a minute or two more. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Serve immediately.
- This is good with rice and a green vegetable.