- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- ⅓ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup flour
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
825 calories; 44 grams fat; 26 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 12 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 93 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 69 grams sugars; 14 grams protein; 251 milligrams cholesterol; 99 milligrams sodium
2 to 3 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a two-cup mold, heart-shaped if desired. Line the bottom of the mold with waxed paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the milk over very low heat. Remove from heat and stir to blend.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time. Stir in the chocolate mixture, vanilla and flour.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks that hold their shape. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and transfer the mixture to the prepared mold. Place the mold in a larger pan and add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the mold.
- Place in the oven and bake about 45 minutes, until the top of the pudding is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the warm water bath at least 30 minutes before unmolding. Run a knife around the inside of the mold, unmold the pudding onto a serving dish and peel off the waxed paper.
- Garnish with strawberries and serve with whipped cream on the side.
1 hour 5 minutes